25 Things Before 25

Where I thought I should be

So I have a birthday coming up and I suppose you all think it is 25, right? Well… It’s actually 24! I know I am not the only one who, on their birthday, feels like they are already the next year older… or maybe I am! So with 24 coming up, I’ve been thinking about all of the things I thought I would do before I was 25 when I was younger. A lot of things include “adult” ideals like owning a house, getting married (or being in a relationship that would potentially lead there), and working in my dream job. As life happens, you realize that 25 is still so young and comes up quickly! So, although my parents were married and living their adult lives at 25, it’s no longer expected of or, necessarily, wanted by millennial’s at 25.

What I actually want now

My goals and expectations for my life have completely changed from building a family and planting roots to craving adventure and having new experiences. In my (almost) 24 years, I have traveled, gone to amazing events, met inspiring people, and witnessed epic things. So, with 25 around the corner, I decided I wanted to widen my horizons and build on these experiences. After all, who we are is based on an accumulation of our experiences, right?

My new adventure

So with all of this in mind, I decide to create a list of 25 things I want to do 25 times before I am 25. I have added and deleted many items on this list based on what is motivating to me and what I think I can realistically accomplish in one year with one month of planning. I know the realistic part sounds like it is limiting, but these are not my goals–they are simply a list of things I will do throughout a time period of one year. However, each item on the list aligns with my personal goals and will help me reach them.

What the 25 things before 25 will include

Over the next 25 days, I will post an item that is included on my list and explain its importance to me. I crafted this list to include things that I am passionate about–things that ignite that fire inside me. It combines my love for travel, my interest in fashion and styling, my connection with Mother Nature, my thirst for knowledge, my creativity in the kitchen, and my passion for service. All in all, I will be completing 625 elements of this quest in one years time. I am so excited to immerse myself in my community and step outside of my comfort zone as wells as travel to new places and open my mind to learning new things.

Ground Rules

1. All items must be completed by September 27, 2020.
  2. Each endeavor must be captured by a picture.
  3. Lady (my puppy) will be present at as many events as possible.
  4. Each category will have its own blog post that will be updated regularly.

Final Thoughts

If you have any recommendations throughout this process, I would love to hear from you in the comments below! I have done a lot of research and planning, but I am open to any advice, questions, or ideas as I embark on this journey!

Thank you all for the continued love and support!

Xoxo,

Sonja

1. Love this idea! I turn 25 next month & I can’t believe it! It does sneak up on you so quickly!!

-Madi xo | http://www.everydaywithmadirae.com

1. Sonja Hoff says:

I feel like this past year has gone so fast, so I can’t imagine the upcoming year!

2. Crystal Gempko says:

This sounds like such a fun journey! Good luck to you!

1. Sonja Hoff says:

Thank you!

3. It seems its a Birthday month. Glad for you that being 24 years you have done the things that others have not done reaching their 50s. I too love to travel and I almost follow your ground rule 2 to capture a pic for each endeavor. Wishing you my best wishes on your birthday month and the day. Have a great year ahead.

1. Sonja Hoff says:

Thank you! I am so excited to see how things play out!

4. Amy L Coats says:

What a fun journey! Can’t wait to follow along!

5. Mindy Silva says:

I think it’s fabulous that you have started to create your own vision about what a full life looks like. If you are open to ideas, a missions trip is especially awesome if you have not done one already.

6. Monikka says:

Go get em! 25 came so fast for me! And it’s almost over but the craving for adventure an enjoying all of life hasn’t changed! ❤️❤️

7. Monikka says:

25 came so fast for me! And it’s almost over but the craving for adventure an enjoying all of life hasn’t changed! ❤️❤️ I love this idea!

8. Brit says:

I did something like this when I was in my early 20s. It was life-changing. It makes you more intentional about life. Best of luck and I can’t wait to see what you do! xx Brit | http://www.culturesuncovered.com

9. bexleah says:

I think this is an awesome idea! Just take a step back from life, breathe and focus on new adventures!
    There is so much pressure now a day to get married, start a family, ect.

10. Jennie Mayes says:

I hope you are living your adventures!